- Effective communication and adaptation – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication.
- Adapts communication to widely varied needs
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
- Fostering Learning – Fostering learning by providing a supportive learning environment.
Facilitates learning activities
- Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
For the instructors (trainers of trainers): Tips, recommended methods and tools for ca. 5 hours training in classroom - Click here
Effective communication and adaptation:
Purpose/challenge: In-house trainers have to be able to communicate to different people in different and even difficult situations.
Duration: 1 ½ hour
Short repetition of basic approaches in communication. Means and ways to handle difficult individuals. (Case studies and videos that show different reactions. Structured discussions.
Purpose/challenge: In-house trainers have to work according to the work plan that was introduced in part 1.
Duration: 1 hour
Tools: The participants consider the different learning styles and abilities of adult people and how to use it as a tool for organizing and giving feedback in the workplace training. Participants work with different checklists (from their workplaces) and examples of how to use it. Emphasis on self- directed learning of employees, using learning contracts/ (checklists from the workplace!). Use of games to foster team spirit.
Facilitates learning activities:
Purpose: In-house trainers have to be able to plan individual approaches and style them to company´s situation using basic instructional methods.
Duration: 1 hour
- Customized learning methods are introduced as well as several assessing methods. Case studies.
- How to use checklists as a tool to follow progress, evaluate and review methods. Methods in giving feedback. The OJTs consider, by discussing cases, several important aspects of effective learning and how to link learning and working. (Elliott Masie and Visible Learning). The Learning/teaching cycle and mind maps used as tools for preparing learning plans and own evaluations.
Planning and Organizing:
Purpose: The participants need to administer the task in as economical way as possible and must master simple task-/project management methods using IT.
Duration: 1 hour
- The design model Mind maps and planning templates presented and discussed.
- Presentation of software and/or template to use.
Tasks to do at the workplace (ca. 5 hours)
Practicing in working environment some of the learning outcomes from part 2.
Purpose/challenge: In-house trainers must be able to use technology, at least at the same level as the employees, make plans, design sessions and communicate them to the employees and the TTs by available IT means.
- The educational design model, Mind maps, Word, Keynote, I-book author, Power point, Prezi, You Tube, Facebook, UDUTU – or other similar software.
- Worksheet for designing plan and material.
Self assessment for Part 2
How to assess your competences:
- Read every learning outcome carefully and answer as sincerely as possible about your knowledge and competence in each case.
- Bear in mind all the knowledge, skills and experience you have acquired in your former jobs, projects, courses, and social or private life.
In assessing your competences you can ask yourself:
- Have I been in a situation where I had to use this competence?
- How did I use the competence and what was my contribution to the task?
The rating system for the assessment
Select the cell that best describes your abilities:
- Little knowledge/skills/competence: I need to learn from the basics and upwards.
- Some knowledge/skills/competence: I need some assistance to enhance it.
- Good knowledge/skills/competence: I can work myself on enhancing it.
- Very good knowledge/skills/competence: I can assist others to acquire it.
Registered users can keep track of their results. You can easily register here
Social and communication skills and work-place practice: training overview, effective communication, teamwork, IT, developing others, work ethics and values.
Training skills and work-place practice: communication, teamwork, fostering and organizing adult learning.
Adaptability and Problem solving and work-place practice: IT, adaptability and problem solving.